Level 1 Community Athletics Coach Course (online)
5 Modules delivered online over 5 weeks:
- Module 1 Coaching Beginning Athletes
- Module 2 The Training Environment
- Module 3 Fundamental Movement Skills of Running, Jumping and Throwing
- Module 4 Kids’ Athletics
- Module 5 Session Planning
Each module comprises:
- Either a narrated power point presentation or an online module to view
- Discussion points to consider and prepare responses to
- A facilitated online discussion to engage with
- An assessment task to complete and submit online.
Each week participants will receive a Teams Meeting invitation to join an online platform with the course facilitator and engage in a conversation on that week’s module.
Participants commitment each week/per module is estimated at:
- View a narrated power point or online module approx. 45 minutes
- Consider discussion points approx. 30 minutes
- Engage in Teams Meeting approx. 60 minutes
- Complete assessment tasks approx. 60 minutes
- Complete Sport Australia online modules approx. 3 hours
To gain Level 1 Community Athletics Coach accreditation, participants must:
- Complete all Sport Australia online requirements as directed
- 100% attendance at all online discussions
- Complete and submit all Athletics Australia course assessment tasks.
*Please note if the course does not go ahead due to unforeseen circumstances a transfer into a future suitable course date will be offered